Cerebral Palsy Alliance Award
Awarded to the best abstract reporting research with the potential to prevent or cure cerebral palsy, or into the prevention or treatment of neonatal brain injury.
- The award is sponsored by the Cerebral Palsy Alliance
- There may be up to two awards per annum (see point 5)
- This award will be open to any abstract, regardless of status of the investigator or whether the investigator has won the award previously
- The award will be judged on the merit of anonymised abstracts by two members of the Cerebral Palsy Alliance nominated by Professor Nadia Badawi or delegate and two members of PSANZ nominated by the Local Organising Committee of the Annual Congress
- The total amount of the award as of 2015 will be $2,500. This may be awarded as a first and second prize (e.g. $1,500 and $1,000) or as equal prizes according to the recommendation of the judging panel.
- There are no conditions attached to the awards which will take the form of a cheque made out to the awardee by the Cerebral Palsy Alliance
- The awards will be announced at the Annual Congress along with other PSANZ awards
- The awardee will undertake to provide a brief summary for (a) the PSANZ newsletter and (b) media purposes